Friday, December 17, 2010

buttoned-up...


This piece was supposed to be a copper button...but instead evolved into a brooch (it's a gift for someone special, but I'm not sure if she reads this blog, so I won't say any more).



I still plan to make some buttons - I think a handmade button would be a wonderful finishing touch to a jacket, vest or bag.


this last shot includes a sort-of-peak at some of the other pieces from this batch of copper. The rest of the pieces were only fired yesterday & are currently getting nice & shiny in the tumbler....pictures to come :)

5 comments:

  1. I love buttons! That is such a lovely gift and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a neat idea. I have one of my dads ex naval buttons and wondered about it in the past. There must be so many buttons you could use - you've hit on a winner!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)