Friday, November 2, 2012

over the mountains { working 925 }

My third project from silversmithing class is a small pendant, completed in one evening class.

The textured part is an off-cut from the middle layer of my wing pendant - it just looked like mountains to me (although my brother says it looks like sound-waves, which is pretty cool). So I simply cut a suitably sized piece for the back, sanded that, soldered the 'mountains' to the front, then filed/sanded the edges (also rounding the corners). A small hole, plus a jump ring & it's ready to wear.


I love both pendants I've completed, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this one - being very light & simple - might get more wear.


project 1  & project 2 from the workshops

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Sound waves, mountains, but my first impression was "determination" like no matter how high a mountain is, we can keep going, even if the next one is higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of it! It says something without being too much. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie, I love it!! LOve using left over bits from other projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)