Friday, June 28, 2013

recently...


...it has been raining & pouring, filling up the rainwater tanks, watering the garden - not to mention encouraging the weeds to grow...

...and of course, rain means droplets...

...the cold mornings mean wearing lots of layers once I convince myself to go out for a walk. I do enjoy myself once I'm out there & also, coming home to warm up by the fire...


...we are going to be attending the Wirrabara Producer's Market every month, with jewellery, crochet, felt, all sorts of good things. June's market was their 100th...

...I've been doing some sketching...

...my new photo-taking spot is working well - I just have to get going & edit the photos now...


...baked the chocolate version of the magic custard cake. Although I somehow managed to end up with a two-toned, coffee custard & chocolate cake, cake. I guess I'm just going to have to make it again sometime & see how it turns out...

...I read & absolutely loved The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord, a beautiful, beautiful story...

...and two faces of the sunrise - vivid & pale gold.

3 comments:

  1. It has been raining so endlessly here that I am beginning to wonder whether an ark is in order! Good on you for getting out in the mornings to go for a walk ... I decided that I was going to start walking before work, set the alarm, and then couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. I never attempted it again ;)

    Your sketches are so beautiful, by the way! I have never been good at drawing and am always so impressed by people who are!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your custard cake looks delicious and kind of like a home-made candy bar! Without looking at the original recipe, I'd expect that it's supposed to have the two layers.

    I really enjoy your photographs, especially the first one. The delicate spiral of vine in the center is beautiful. Do you ever post photography tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that custard cake was so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)