Monday, July 7, 2014

five things | home


1. Hugs, warm welcomes, familiar faces & lots more hugs.

2. Been doing lots of baking since I got back - not that I did without cake-type goodies while I was away, but I really enjoy the making process too. Firstly, lemon & poppyseed cupcakes, Mum & I baked a biggish batch of honey cookies, then buttermilk cake with sultanas (recipe here) & finally cheese scones with dinner the other night.

3. Rainy days, cold winds, cosy fires, lots of blankets, hot tea & winter sunshine.

4. Sorting through lots (& lots!) of photos, remembering, having fun starting to play around with a few - figuring out how & which ones to show & share is kind of a challenge, but it's a fun sort of thing to have to decide (how many photos of Paris is too many? is there such a thing?).

5. Cuddling the wiggly, snuggly, super-cute fur ball that is Holly, who loves having her belly rubbed, is super happy when you say 'Hello' to her & was (thankfully) excited to see me when I got home.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is more than 5 things ;P
    Great to have you home, Vickie, and lovely post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)