Tuesday, July 15, 2014

recently | creative


A little peek at something I've been working on since I got home - a new design for our range of hand painted bags (& aprons). Very much inspired by Polish/Baltic florals, papercuts (wycinanki) & folk art - hopefully the first design of several we will be producing. I've drawn, re-drawn, scanned, enlarged, printed the design & it is now ready for me to cut out a stencil, before we can start painting.

I'm really enjoying drawing these stylised florals - I kept this one quite simple, but have also been having fun with more intricate designs - & along with some other influences/inspirations from my travels, they should start appearing in all sorts of mediums...

1 comment:

  1. they are looking awesome, the bags are going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)